Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Unexpected Trip to Midwife

Having never been pregnant before, some of these sensations are a mystery to me. So I look alot of stuff up on the internets, and call the Nurse at my OB/Midwife's office for the rest. Yesterday morning I was having my subtle on and off again crampy feelings again so I called the nurse, basically just wanting her to tell me "it's normal, no biggie." Instead I was asked to come into the office to check for a UTI and then see the midwife to examine my uterus. wow, didn't see THAT coming.

Chuck was nice enough to come home a little early and Mark and I scampered off to our appt. I thought the midwife was going to give me an award for "the best urine sample EVAR!" or something, I think it really made her day. lol. Everything else checked out great too and then we did some stretches and things to help my back and pelvis. I got a card to help me remember the symptoms of pre-term labor and a lesson in how to feel my uterus through my belly to see if it was contracting. I'm still not sure on that one though. But I am sure that I need to do my yoga stretches TWICE a day now and make sure I go use that massage gift certificate soon. The midwife practically ordered me to go get a bunch of massages. :D sweet.

No comments: