Thursday, June 05, 2008

Milk , Milk , Lemonade

I kept assuring Mark that it was just fine if he went with me to this La Leche League (breastfeeding support) meeting, which is was...technically. lol. we showed up a few minutes late and Mark felt like a pervy alien right off the bat. Apparently the other mens don't really go to these things and some women MIGHT feel uncomfortable, even though we were assured that the majority of them didn't care. anyway, Mark lasted about 3 minutes and then slunk off to the car. I was bummed that it was weird for him. Although afterwards several women commented that they thought it was great that he was supportive and coming with me to all our baby-related events. Everyone was very nice and I got to hold a very very little baby that spent our time together working on a very impressive poo. Other small children, mostly babies and toddlers, played in the middle of our circle which was super cute. One little boy kept toddling over to me and poking me in the butt through the back of my chair. it was adorable. lol.

So I'm definitely going to join and go at least to the monthly meetings for now. I think our next baby related thing is a Holistic Parents meeting next week. I talked to a girl at La Leche about an Attachment Parenting meeting too, so I need to find out when that is. It's super cool that we're able to find these little groups in Kansas City. The internets are cool and all, but having some real life social time is pretty awesome too. :D

No comments: