Sunday, May 25, 2008

Paper Cranes

One of Mark's ideas for the nursery is to fold as many origami cranes as we can and hang them from the ceiling. We bought some paper today and will work on it over the next several weeks. I thought it might be cool to send an open invitation out to our blog readers to join us in our quest. The legend goes that if you can fold 1000 paper cranes, your wish will be granted. now, I'm realistic enough to know that 1000 might be a ginormous stretch, but it's still a nice gesture to make as many as we are comfortable with. In Japan, the paper cranes would be given to a baby as wish of long life and good luck which I think is very sweet. :)

How to Make an Origami Crane

1000 origami cranes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it! I can't wait to see it in person.