Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dr.'s Appt. Wrap-Up

Everything is looking good, so not much to report. Next appt. is 6/20 and that one will be a big one. We'll get another glucose test, and do some blood work at that point.

I did get totally scolded for drinking a Sprite for lunch though. lol. the midwife remarked that I had sugar in my urine again, so I offered up that it might just be the soda I had at lunch. I thought her head was going to explode! lol. "NO SODA!" she said. I was like "but it wasn't diet! and it was caffeine free!" (forgot to add sugar substitutes to the banned food list down there) anyway, she was relieved that it was caffeine free but was still too much sugar, even if it wasn't full of the evil sugar substitutes. lol. I felt like a bad bad mommy-to-be. :( I also felt like crap because I haven't been walking and doing my yoga as planned, mostly because I had alot of pelvic pain (round ligament pain) and now I'm battling my on and off again sciatic nerve pain, which sucks big time. So she showed Mark how to help me with some stretches and things that might help with that and ordered us to walk daily. Mark got scolded too, she yelled at him to "Turn off that phone and come over here!" which was totally hilarious.

I felt pretty good about the fact that I still am under my starting weight by about 5 pounds at almost 6 months. She said I should start gaining from this point on though. but she said it could be as little as 6 pounds when all is said and done which will put me at only gaining like 2 pounds from where I started. That would totally rule. I love my pregnancy metabolism!

No comments: