Friday, July 11, 2008

Making Plans

So we've been talking about how this whole birth thang is gonna go down. At the beginning I thought I wanted EVERYONE there, and that the whole thing should be videotaped. After alot of reading and some serious contemplation about my relaxation and pain relief techniques, I decided that it probably would be best if we had as much privacy as possible during labor and birth. If you picture me serenely laying in a hospital bed hooked up to an iv and chatting with guests, you FAIL. lol. :D

I will possibly be naked, mooing, hanging from the furniture and extremely hostile by the time we mosey over to the hospital, and I don't think you want any part of that. I don't plan on being a "good" laboring woman just so everyone else can be comfortable and we can have a big birthing tea party. NOT happening. Since I'm not opting for drugs of any kind, I'm going to have to be concentrating VERY hard on my relaxation and visualization. Not only is this going to make me want to punch in the face anyone who utters a peep, but I won't be confined to my bed...and therefore actually able to walk over and do the punching. lol. :D

But seriously, Cyndie is going to be in charge of guest relations and will have a list of family to call for labor/birth updates. I might end up giving her access to this blog and she can update here as well. And don't worry, we won't call anybody in the middle of the night unless it's big news. :)

After baby is born and I am ready, I'm sure we'll be glad to have a couple of visitors. And of course, when we get home, if you want to come over we'd love to see everyone. Especially if you bring us a casserole and some brownies. lol.

Anyway, it might seem kind of early for this kind of talk, but remember... 37 weeks is considered full term and I'm at about 32.

Here's some links for hospital information:

The Birth Place @ Olathe Medical Center

Olathe Medical Center Visitor Information

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ummmm after baby is born and you are ready??? You will be lucky if I don't break the door down before then, and yes you can gladly punch me. :-)
Mom