Wednesday, July 16, 2008

DON'T PANIC!

Had my first Braxton-Hicks (practice) contractions this morning. I think. It lasted a little over an hour on and off and then just went away, so I'm assuming that's what that was. It wasn't too bad, just made me super nervous since I didn't really know what the heck was going on.

I probably shouldn't have read my pregnancy message boards over the weekend either, because 3 people in our Sept. Expecting Group on iVillage have already had their babies and that's making me nervous. One girl lost a bunch of her amniotic fluid and is in the hospital while they try to keep her baby in till 35 weeks. Yikes. :(

Anyways, I felt like I had all this time left, and I do, if all goes well...but there's that part of me that is sort of running around and freaking out and she's not really helping. Truthfully it's all getting close to overwhelming and I'm feeling pretty vulnerable and scared. Not just because of the birth, or the pain, or any of that...but also because of what all of it means and how this changes who we are.

This whole experience is seriously blowing my mind.

No comments: