Sunday, January 06, 2008

Embryo in tha House Yo!

We had bloodtest confirmation that we are pregnant! Yayyyyyy!!

In the last 4 days I've already accumulated 12 books from friends and a Pregnancy Journal. Mark's Father-to-be books have been ordered online and are on their way, and I've started knitting a fuzzy white baby blanket. :D We even went window shopping at Babies-R-Us yesterday.

So, we are pretty excited and still sort of in shock. I keep wondering how it's possible to be in shock over something you've been planning for years...but it is.

Our first pre-natal doctor's appt. is Jan 15. Next Sunday I'll be six weeks pregnant. and this is what "Embryo"(That's our name for baby right now. lol.) will look like. Size = BB Pellet

SO CUTE!!!
Oh, and according to a chart in one of the books, my due date would be Sept. 8th! 3 days after Mark's B-day!

P.S. I know some people wait until after the first trimester to start singing from the mountaintops about their bun in the oven, but it's not really my style to keep things secret. So we'll stay positive and deal with things as they come.

Correction: I keep getting confused on how many weeks pregnant and the age of the fetus, which is two weeks different. So the picture above would actually be a 6 week old embryo (pregnancy @ 8 weeks). Isn't it weird that you start being pregnant before you actually conceive? lol. :D

1 comment:

Sarah Fruetel said...

OH MY GOD (said like Janice of Friends) This is WONDERFUL news!!
Yo Yo EmbryOOOOO.... how exciting!!!