Saturday, April 19, 2008

I am Splendiferious

I just found a Rocker/Glider w/ottoman on Craigslist for 30 bucks! We're going to pick it up this evening. I RAWK!

In comparison, the cheapest gliders at the store are like 200 for both pieces. Most kinds are around 300 for the glider, and another 200 for the ottoman.

All I need now is a long dresser, a bookshelf, and a rug. I was watching HGTV "Design on a Dime" during Ilena's nap the other day and got an interesting idea for the rug. You can stitch together shag bathmats to make a bigger rug. So I'll have to check that out and see if it would be cheaper.

I'm excited for garage sale season to start. Last year I totally ruled the land by finding a dresser for our bedroom for a freaking DOLLAR! I used black spray paint we already had, and the old glass hardware from our kitchen cabinets and Ouila! Fancy dresser that looks like it's from Ethan Allen.

I'm done tooting my own horn now. Thanks for reading.

No comments: